Open CASCADE Mesh Framework (OMF) enables mesh support in development of pre- and post-processing applications with Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT). In conjunction with Open CASCADE Technology it can be particularly interesting for CAD/CAE application software vendors looking for a complete development platform.
OMF provides the mesh data structure classes suitable for representing linear meshes of any dimension (1D/2D/3D). OMF mesh data structure provides "back references" (from nodes to elements) what can help increase performance in editing and other operations.
The most significant features of the OMF include:
- integration with OCCT visualization, to enable display and selection of the mesh structures directly in OCCT 3D view;
- integration with OCCT Application Framework, to enable storing of mesh data in OCAF documents;
- support of data exchange with MSC/NASTRAN, OBJ and STL formats;
- various control and checking algorithms such as free boundaries detection, computation of area and enclosed volume etc.;
- various editing algorithms such as mesh to line, plane or mesh intersection, Boolean operations on two surface meshes etc.;
- available detailed documentation (User's Guide and Reference Manual) and programming sample;
- porting across all platforms supported by Open CASCADE Technology.
Meshes in OMF can be displayed in several standard modes: wireframe, flat and smooth shading, and shrink. Selection of individual nodes, elements, groups of elements and sub-meshes is possible. Besides that, arbitrary user-defined displaying and selection modes can be implemented.
- OMF provides a ready-to-use state-of-the-art mesh framework
- Data structure is implemented for most efficient memory consumption and performance
- Available interfaces enable fast integration into user's pre- and post-processing applications
You can evaluate the Mesh Framework component using a free demo application.
Please contact us for further information and pricing.