Open Cascade is the data controller with respect to Personal Data collected and processed via its respective website. When required by local law, the relevant Open Cascade entity performs formalities with local data protection authorities regarding the processing of Personal Data.
In this Policy, “Personal Data” means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly (together with other information that is reasonably likely to come into Open Cascade’s possession), such as your name, email address or telephone number.
2. PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, you can visit Open Cascade websites without providing any Personal Data about yourself. However, in order to access some parts of our websites, such as to download certain files, or in connection with another specific purpose, we may need to collect Personal Data from you. Providing Personal Data to us in these cases is voluntary. If you do not provide us with Personal Data, you will not be able to benefit from the respective functionality offered by our websites, such as communication, or downloading files. The purposes, for which your Personal Data is collected, are described below, along with a brief description of how your Personal Data may be handled in each case.
- Communicating with you. We will keep track of comments and other requests that you submit to us through our website, such as online queries, business related inquiries, or registering your attendance at a conference. This may include using your Personal Data to call you by phone or communicating with you via email.
- Direct marketing and promotion. Direct marketing and/or promotional efforts by or on behalf of Open Cascade may include providing you with specific information that you have requested online, providing more general information about other Open Cascade offers, or enabling you to participate in online contests or to register for any sponsored events. When we collect Personal Data for direct marketing or promotional purposes, however, we generally offer appropriate choices regarding the use of your Personal Data.
- Discussion forums. If you choose to participate in Open Cascade discussion forums then, in some cases, you may be required to register certain data, such as your name and email address. You should also be aware that your comments may be made widely available to others, inside or outside Open Cascade, depending on which particular discussion forum you are accessing.
- Maintaining the website and conducting customer satisfaction surveys. We will use your Personal Data in order to maintain and improve our website. We may also use your Personal Data in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- The Personal data we collect through the “Contact Us” form will be used to manage your request, queries or inquiries. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to develop and maintain a professional relationship with you. The data includes first name, last name, email address, company name, country and the content of your message. You can also decide to fill in other information (not mandatory), such as your phone number and your position in the company.
- Information collected about you when you create an account for the first time. Email address, first name, last name, company name, country.
- Information collected about you when you log on to the website to access the Forum and post new content. Email address, password.
- Compilation of statistics on the use of the website.
By providing Personal Data on this website, you confirm that you have the necessary authorization and consent to disclose Personal Data to be used by Open Cascade as described in this Policy.
Our website also allows you to contact us via the “Contact Us” form. The Personal data we collect through it will be used to manage your request, queries or inquiries. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to develop and maintain a professional relationship with you.
How long do we keep your data?
When you are an existing client, we will keep your personal data as long as our contractual and/or business relationship lasts. We may then place your personal data in an intermediary database for five (5) years after our contractual and/or business relationship lasts.
If you are a prospect with no established contractual and/or business relationship, we will not keep your data for longer than three (3) years after you last contacted us.
If you are a candidate, please note that if you are not hired, we will delete the information you shared with us at the latest two (2) years after you shared the information.
Finally, the log information we may collect for the security, maintenance and improvement purposes mentioned above will not be kept longer than one (1) year after collection.
Cookies are used on this website. By using our website, you agree that cookies are to be placed on your device as explained below.
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website sends to your computer's web browser when you navigate through it. They have many different purposes, but mainly, cookies allow you to navigate between pages easily, to remember your preferences, and eventually to improve the user experience. These cookies may then be stored on your machine to identify your computer.
Cookies used on this website can be either set up by our website or by a third-party website. Moreover, these cookies can be “session” or “persistent” cookies: a session cookie is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser, whereas a persistent cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal device until it reaches a defined expiration date.
Here is a list of cookies we use on our website:
Session identification cookies These cookies are used to provide registered and unregistered visitors with a unique identifier in order to recognize them and to analyze how they use the website.
Analytic cookies We use Google Analytics for web analytical purpose. Cookies set by Google Analytics are not used to track individual users. For further information on how Google Analytics collects and uses information on our behalf and the right to use such cookies, please refer to the Google Analytics products and services privacy statement. If you object to your Personal Data being collected by Google Analytics, you may download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Third-party cookies We use YouTube service to embed videos. YouTube sets its own cookies to track your activity. Please refer to YouTube (Google) privacy statement for further information on the use of such cookies.
We recommend that you leave the cookies active. Bear in mind that if you block, turn off or otherwise reject our cookies, some web pages may not display properly, or you will not be able to use any website services that require you to sign in.
If you object to have cookies placed on your machine, you need to disable them. In order to do so, please follow the relevant instructions depending on your browser:
- If you use the Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browser.
- If you use the Firefox browser.
- If you use the Safari browser.
- If you use the Google Chrome browser.
You can also use your browser’s “incognito / private” mode to keep your privacy without disabling cookies.
3. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1. Recipients of your Personal data at Open Cascade
In general, your Personal data can only be accessed by Open Cascade authorized personnel who strictly need to access it. Thus, the following personnel may access your personal data:
- Project Owner
- Technical Managers
- Support Contract Managers, only when you use the “Contact” form
3.2. With other entities of the Group
Open Cascade is part of Capgemini, which is a global organization. Whilst we have distinct legal entities (e.g., country subsidiaries) in many parts of the world, our internal processes and infrastructure are international in scope and nature and generally tend to cross natinal borders.
Open Cascade may transfer your Personal Data to other Capgemini entities located outside of the European Economic Area. These transfers are covered by Capgemini’s Binding Corporate Rules (Capgemini BCR) which were approved by the French Data Protection Authority (the CNIL) in 2016. As a result of these BCR, wherever your personal data is processed within the group, your personal data will benefit from the same level of protection. You can access Capgemini BCR by clicking here.
3.3. Third-party websites
Open Cascade websites may provide links to third-party websites. Open Cascade does not make any representations or warranties regarding such third-party websites. You should be aware that the owners and operators of such third-party websites might collect, use or transfer Personal Data under different terms and conditions than Open Cascade. Upon linking to a third-party website, you should familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
Governmental, public and / or judicial authorities
We may also be required by laws, court decisions and / or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence to disclose your personal data. We may also disclose your personal information if we determine that, for reasons of national security, public importance or law enforcement, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose Personal Information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights by using available legal remedies, to apply our terms and conditions, to investigate fraud or to protect our business or users.
4. RESTRUCTURING OF ACTIVITIES
Like many organizations, Open Cascade can restructure its operations around the world at any time, either by buying new businesses or by selling or merging existing businesses. These measures may lead us to disclose Personal Data to potential or existing customers or to receive Personal Data from potential sellers. Our rule is to request adequate privacy protection for the Personal Data provided in this type of transaction.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
Under applicable Data Protection Law and, notably the GDPR, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Those rights are as follows:
- Right to be Informed - A data subject has the right to know whether personal information is being processed; where; and for what purpose. This information is outlined in the section below titled "Information We Collect About You" and "How we Use Your Information".
- Right to Access - A data subject has a right to access the information about them that is stored by the Data Controller. This information is outlined in the section below titled "Information We Collect About You" and "How we Use Your Information".
- Right to Rectification - A data subject has the right to correct any errors in the data about them. This can be done by editing your user account, or contacting the Drupal Association directly.
- Right to Restrict Processing - A data subject has the right to request that data not be processed, and yet also not be deleted by the Data Controller.
- Right to Object - A data subject has the right to opt out of marketing, processing based on legitimate interest, or processing for research or statistical purposes.
- Right to be Forgotten - Also known as the right to revoke consent, the right to be forgotten states that a data subject has the right to request erasure of data, the cessation of processing by the controller, and halting processing of the data by third party processors. The conditions for this, as outlined in article 17, include the data no longer being relevant to original purposes for processing, or a data subjects withdrawing consent. It should also be noted that this right requires controllers to compare the subjects' rights to "the public interest in the availability of the data" when considering such requests. This information is outlined in the sections below titled "Accessing and Correcting Your Information".
- Data Portability - A data subject has the right to receive a copy of their data in a 'commonly used and machine readable format.' This information is outlined in the sections below titled "Your Choices About Use and Disclosure of Your Information" and "Accessing and Correcting Your Information".
Children's Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others).
If you believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information without verification of parental consent, please contact us.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We also may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirements, be contrary to our Terms of Service or any other applicable agreement between you and us, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Upon deletion all private and personally identifying information from your profile will be deleted. The data will stay in backups on our servers for 2 weeks, after which it will be completely removed.
Public content you created, such as issues, forum posts, projects, documentation page revisions, etc. won’t be deleted. All this content will be attributed to ‘Anonymous’ user.
Once deleted, your account is gone and can not be restored.
In case of any request or complaint, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer DPOcapgemini.email@example.com.
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to the competent Data Protection Authority:
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés
3 Place de Fontenoy
TSA 80715 – 75334
PARIS CEDEX 07Tél : 01 53 73 22 22(du lundi au jeudi de 9h à 18h30 / le vendredi de 9h à 18h)
Fax : 01 53 73 22 00
Online form for complaints: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes
6. SECURITY AND DATA INTEGRITY
Open Cascade has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an adequate level of security regarding the risk incurred and to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
However, you should be aware that, due to the open and insecure character of the Internet, Open Cascade cannot be held responsible for the security of transmissions of the personal data over the Internet.
7. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
This website may provide links to external websites. Open Cascade makes no warranties or representations regarding these external websites. It is important for you to know that the owners and operators of these external websites may collect, use or transfer Personal Data under terms and conditions that are different from those of Open Cascade. By connecting to an external website, you must familiarize yourself with the privacy and security measures of these external websites.
8. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy has been updated on 01.11.2019. We may periodically modify this Policy to stay abreast of technological developments, industry practices and regulatory requirements, or for other reasons. We expect most of these changes to be minor. When we need to make significant changes to our Charter, we will post a prominent notice on the home page of the website before the changes take effect.
Last update: September 15, 2020