The Open CASCADE Mesh Framework (OMF) SDK enables mesh support in development of pre- and post-processing applications with Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT). In conjunction with Open CASCADE Technology it can be particularly interesting for CAD/CAE application software vendors looking for a complete development platform.
OMF provides the mesh data structure classes suitable for representing linear meshes of any dimension (1D/2D/3D). OMF mesh data structure provides «back references» (from nodes to elements) what can help increase performance in editing and other operations.
The most significant features of the OMF include:
- integration with OCCT visualization, to enable display and selection of the mesh structures directly in OCCT 3D view;
- integration with OCCT Application Framework, to enable storing of mesh data in OCAF documents;
- support of data exchange with MSC/NASTRAN, OBJ and STL formats;
- various control and checking algorithms such as free boundaries detection, computation of area and enclosed volume etc.;
- various editing algorithms such as mesh to line, plane or mesh intersection, Boolean operations on two surface meshes etc.;
- available detailed documentation (User's Guide and Reference Manual) and programming sample;
- availability on all platforms supported by Open CASCADE Technology.
Meshes in OMF can be displayed in several standard modes: wireframe, flat and smooth shading, and shrink. Selection of individual nodes, elements, groups of elements and sub-meshes is possible. Besides that, arbitrary user-defined displaying and selection modes can be implemented.
- OMF provides a ready-to-use state-of-the-art mesh framework
- Data structure is implemented for most efficient memory consumption and performance
- Available interfaces enable fast integration into user's pre- and post-processing applications
This SDK was successfully applied in a variety of projects, including AvPro (by Principia) and SeaTrust-Holdan (by Korean Register of Shipping).
The Mesh Framework SDK is based on the latest version of Open CASCADE Technology, and requires no other external software.
It is available on all platforms supported by the corresponding version of Open CASCADE Technology.
Operational mode and possible limitations are described in the documentation accompanying the module.