The HOMAG Group is the world’s leading provider of integrated solutions for production in the woodworking industry and woodworking shops.
Development of a new version of woodWOP, an application developed at HOMAG for the programming of CNC machines in the woodworking industry.
- Parametric sketcher for the design of geometries
- CAD plug-in — CAD functions directly integrated into woodWOP
- Direct import of DXF diagrams with no layer assignment*
- New "spline" and "ellipse" contour definition elements
- Introduction of the new MPRX format based on XML
- 100% parametrics
- Direct text function in polygon path macro
- Single-line fonts
- 3D CAD functions for the creation of 3D surfaces
- Import of 3D CAD data in the DXF*, STEP, and IGES formats
- CAM plug-in – New macros for roughing down, finishing, and formatting of 3D objects
- Automatic generation of milling paths from 3-axis processing right through to interpolating 5-axis processing
- Pocket milling with islands with offcut detection
- Grooving and sawing on contours
- Import and processing of STL surfaces
- Feature detection bore holes (cylindrical holes, conical, pockets and grooves)
- Automatic sawing of surfaces in a 3D model
- Rotating of components
- New macro „label“
- Import and editing of SAT surfaces*
- Alignment of 3D model automatically
Development of woodWOP, an application combining:
- A Sketcher based on Open CASCADE Technology
- CAD plug-in based on Open CASCADE Modeling Algorithms
- Homag-CAM Technology
- Open Cascade Application Framework for the parametric CAD and CAM functions
- Open Cascade 3D viewer for visualization of the geometry and machining traces
woodWOP 7 was introduced to the market in 2015:
- woodWOP 7 provides CAD basic functions for the design of machining processes
- woodWOP 7 increases programming security through a 3D view of work-pieces, processing and clamping equipment.
- Open Cascade provides the Technology to go further in CAD/CAM functionalities.
- woodWOP 7 marks the beginning of a new era in design tools applied to wood processing
(*) Import operations with DXF and SAT Import / Export - an advanced software component available from Open Cascade.
Development of a pre- and post-processing user interface for CATHARE code.
SHI chose Open Cascade for the internal development of a software to aggregate industrial 3D data in JT format with the visualization and advanced management capability.
Development of the Leonardo Hull 3D — Three Hold (LH3D-3H) application for structural analysis of ships by means of direct calculations.