RINA - Leonardo Hull 3D
RINA entrusts the development of its new software for Ship Classification to OPEN CASCADE.
- Providing the means for rapid development of meshed structural models of certain classes of ships.
- Performing a finite element analysis of ship structures and providing visual feedback of their strength and deformations, including the fatigue check of structural details.
- Development of the Leonardo Hull 3D - Three Hold (LH3D-3H) application.
- LH3D-3H refers to analysis using a "three hold" approach, based on calculations carried out on three ship holds.
- Calculations follow RINA Rules for the Classification of Ships and assess the ship's structural compliance to these Rules.
- Speed up the approval process of tankers, bulk carriers and other types of cargo ships.
- RINA’s customers, i.e. shipyards now possess an easy-to-use tool for modeling and validating their ships during the production process.
- Rapid numerical simulation that meets quality requirements and represents a highly efficient replacement of older software.
- Facilities for monitoring the structural performance over the entire life cycle of a vessel and for timely maintenance support.
- Tools for reporting and communication between the shipyard and RINA.
- Reduction of the risk of delays during the drawing approval and construction phases due to early identification of critical areas.