New public minor release of Open CASCADE Technology version 6.1 !!!
Open CASCADE S.A.S. is pleased to announce a new public minor release of Open CASCADE Technology (version 6.1). This new minor release of Open CASCADE Technology 6.1 brings to its users a number of new features and improvements as well as some important changes over the last public minor release 5.2 (July 2004) and maintenance releases 5.2.x exclusively available to the customers. This new release brings more opportunities to Open CASCADE users.
Here are just a few new features and improvements included in this release:
- Support for 64-bit SUN, DEC, Linux and Windows platforms
- Open CASCADE has been ported and now can be successfully compiled on many modern Linux platforms such as Mandrake 10, Debian Woody, Debian Sarge , Fedora Core 3.0, Fedora Core 4.0 and Mandriva 2006
- New compilers are supported: gcc 4.01 and earlier on Linux platform and Forte 6.2 for Sun Solaris.
- Tcl 8.4 is now supported
- The structure of Open CASCADE Technology has been repackaged. Modules, toolkits and packages have been optimized for use in applications;
- The memory manager and the mechanism of system exceptions and signals handling have been improved;
- A lot of visualization improvements have been implemented, such as:
- Open CASCADE 3D Viewer now has a colour scale;
- The use of texture mapped fonts on Windows is more convenient now;
- Performance has been improved in MeshVS package;
- MeshVS now supports the visualization of 3D elements;
- Dump of a 3D viewer scene into vector graphics in PS, EPS and EMF (under MS Windows) formats has been implemented.
- The reference documentation is now generated by the Doxygen tool and provided as a separate package in a more complete, convenient, and up-to-date form;
- Distribution of data through OCAF tree has been described in a new white paper;
- Draw Test Harness User Guide has been updated;
- OMF (Open CASCADE Mesh Framework) product has been improved in mesh operations, visualization and data exchange with NASTRAN.
Open CASCADE Technology 6.1 features more than 260 corrections over the previous minor version 5.2 released in July 2004.
Detailed information is available in 6.1 Overview ( http://www.opencascade.org/ex/att/111_OCC61_overview.pdf ) and Release Notes (PDF, http://www.opencascade.org/ex/att/110_Release_Notes_6.1.pdf).
Please, feel free to contact us at http://www.opencascade.org/about/contacts/.
Version 6.1 is available for public download from the Open CASCADE web site at:
Open CASCADE Support Team