pythonOCC 0.4 released
I wish you all an happy and productive new year. In order to celebrate 2010, I'm proud to announce the availability of the new pythonOCC release (0.4).
* pythonOCC 0.4 comes with new advanced meshing features coming from the salomesmesh project (many thanks to Fotis Sioutis),
* many new samples,
* the OCC wrapper was improved (few missing modules were added, typical C++ mechanisms were pythonized),
* 64 bits support,
* New graphical backends (PyQt and python-xlib),
* MacOSX Snow Leopard support,
* better installation script,
* as usual, many minor fixes/enhancements in the whole API.
pythonOCC-0.4 was successfully built/tested on Windows platforms (XP/Seven with py2.5/2.6), Linux (Ubuntu 9.10, OpenSuse) as well as MacOSX (SnowLeopard). Precompiled binary packages are available for both Windows and OpenSuse whereas Debian and MacOSX packages should come within a few days.
pythonOCC is a multiplatform 3D CAD/PLM development library for the Python programming language. Following features are provided: 3D hybrid modeling, data exchange (support of STEP/IGES file format), GUI management support (wxPython, PyQt, python-xlib), parametric modeling and advanced meshing features. pythonOCC is built upon the OpenCASCADE 3D modeling kernel, the salomegeom and salomesmesh packages. Some high level packages (parametric modeling, topology, data exchange, webservices etc.) extend the builtin features of those libraries to enable a highly dynamic and modular programming of any CAD application thanks to the magic of Python. pythonOCC is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v3.
Please visit the http://www.pythonogg.org dedicated weppage and check our new Blog (http://www.pythonocc.org/blog) to be up-to-date with the freshest news!