Mesh providing functionality to work with tessellated representations of objects.
Mesh module provides the functionality to work with tessellated representations of objects in form of triangular facets. This module contains:
- data structures to store surface mesh data associated to shapes and basic algorithms to handle them;
- data structures and algorithms to a build triangular surface mesh from BRep objects (shapes);
- tools for displaying meshes with associated pre- and post-processor data (scalars or vectors).
Open CASCADE Technology includes two mesh converters:
- VRML converter translates Open CASCADE shapes to VRML 1.0 files (Virtual Reality Modeling Language). Two representation modes are possible: shaded, which presents shapes as sets of triangles computed by the mesh algorithm, or wireframe, which presents shapes as sets of curves.
- STL converter translates Open CASCADE shapes to STL files. STL (STtereoLithography) format is widely used for rapid prototyping (3D printing).
OPEN CASCADE also offers Advanced Mesh Products: