|Although minor but more quality!|
|Saclay, October 9, 2003 - Open CASCADE S.A. announced today the release of Open CASCADE, version 5.1.|
This new minor version introduces debug and quality improvements and in spite of the great productivity of the previous (major) release 5.0 this new minor release makes the Open CASCADE platform even more efficient! To make certain of this fact you only need to take a look at the number of improvements and corrections made by the Open CASCADE team during the past months:
- this version of Open CASCADE features over 120 bug fixes as well as improvements of almost all modules;
- build-scripts used to rebuild Open CASCADE have undergone numerous improvements;
- documentation on some new features and improvements has been updated while its appearance has been improved;
- installation of the platform, environment and components, is as easy as in the previous version.
Besides such quality enhancement new exciting features are brought by this new minor version, including :
- new classes and methods have been added to the Data Exchange, Modeling Algorithms and Visualization modules enhancing their capabilities;
- a history mechanism is now available for New Boolean Operations;
- visualization possibilities have been enhanced, in particular, polygonal selection is now enabled, a background image can be set in the 3D viewer, different properties can be set to different sides of a surface, selection performance has been significantly improved, a new sample demonstrating advantages of new techniques based on OpenGL display lists has been added;
- initial support of STEP Application Protocol (AP 209) for finite-element analysis has been added to this new minor version of Open CASCADE.
OPEN CASCADE S.A. continues to support the open-source movement with this release. Open CASCADE version 5.1 is still based on the Open CASCADE public license (LGPL-like) leaving users completely free to distribute their own derived developments and products.
To increase development teams performance, OPEN CASCADE S.A. offers a wide range of support services including standard or specific trainings, e-learning sessions as well as a set of 'a la carte' support packages allowing to fit particular needs of development teams and to benefit from Open CASCADE S.A. expertise.
In addition to these support services, Open CASCADE S.A. offers specific application development.
Version 5.1 is available from the Open CASCADE web site at:
This version is certified on Sun Solaris, Windows and Linux platforms.
Open CASCADE S.A.
Open CASCADE is a software services company, specializing in integration of numerical simulation codes from Open Source platforms. For its industrial clients in Europe, Asia and Northern America it also finds trade-specific solutions integrating company know-how as well as in-house calculation codes they use.
For 3 years Open CASCADE S.A. has been promoting SALOME platform intended for integration of calculation codes. The consortium engaged in development of SALOME consists of more than 20 partners ; among them are CEA, EDF, EADS, HUTCHINSON, RENAULT, CSTB, BRGM, BUREAU VERITAS.
Basing on an innovative Open Source approach, Open CASCADE S.A. offers specific application development for industrial companies and large research centers.
Open CASCADE S.A. also offers support services on its Open Source platforms including training, consulting, technical assistance and support for optimal implementation of client development projects.
Open CASCADE relies on an international team of highly skilled engineers with proven competence in many technical software development areas: software architecture, data modeling, programming under various operating systems, graphic user interface, data exchange interfaces, 3D geometric modeling, meshing, management of physical properties, visualization applied to numerical simulation.
Open CASCADE provides thorough competence in modern development technologies, such as C++, PYTHON, Java, TCL, CORBA, JSP, XML, Qt, pyQt, VTK, UML, SWIG and HDF.
Open CASCADE customers include important industrial companies leading in their fields of activity, such as ALCATEL SPACE, BMW, RINA, CEA, EDF, EADS, MITUTOYO, ARCELOR as well as software editors and research centers.
For further details, see: http://www.opencascade.com, http://www.opencascade.org and http://www.opencascade.org/SALOME
Open CASCADE press contact:
Call the Open CASCADE sales team at +33 (0)1 69 35 44 52 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.