Provides Open CASCADE Technology - based applications with the capability of reading and manipulating data from Parasolid files.
The Parasolid data exchange interface reads X_T (text) and X_B (binary) files of any version (schema), at two data levels :
- BRep data (geometrical and topological data),
- Colors and Names, with the help of XDE, Open CASCADE's Extended Data Exchange module.
The BRep mapping can be used alone, but it is a pre-requisite for complete mapping which adds the attributes (Colors and Names).
- Reading geometrical and topological information
This function loads a Parasolid file and converts geometric and topological data to Open CASCADE Technology shapes. It calls Shape Healing to compute data necessary to reach the integrity of Open CASCADE Technology models. As for the other data exchange interfaces, Shape Healing called by the Parasolid import interface can be controlled by a resource file, allowing adaptation to special healing needs. When no resource file is defined, the default healing sequence is applied.
- Reading attribute information
This function, after loading and converting data attached to Open CASCADE Technology shapes, fills the Open CASCADE XDE data structure with the result of conversion.
Imported attributes are: Colors and Names present in the Parasolid file.
- This interface provides direct exchange of data with systems that support Parasolid format (Unigraphics, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, Microstation, etc.) for Open CASCADE Technology - based applications and can considerably extend the scope and increase the quality and speed of translation.
- It also provides a high level of data exchange quality through the use of Shape Healing, which corrects models before they are stored into Open CASCADE Technology shapes, and benefits from the Open CASCADE Technology framework for data exchange.
- The interface requires no third-party license.
- Source code can be provided for a fee.
The Parasolid Import interface is based on certified version of Open CASCADE Technology. This module is stand-alone and requires no other external software.
It is available on all platforms supported by Open CASCADE Technology.
It is packaged as a separate module, in two parts: one for BRep conversion and one for XDE. The BRep part can be used independently of XDE. The XDE part requires both the BRep conversion and the XDE conversion.
If you wish to evaluate or get more information about this component, please contact us for a free demo application. Please, feel free to ask any questions you may have concerning this component.
Please read about MIDAS/FX+ (by MIDAS IT) in which this component was successfully applied.