Allows Open CASCADE Technology-based applications to exchange data with DXF format.
DXF read and write capabilities work at two levels:
- BRep data (geometrical and topological data) where DXF groups and assemblies are mapped with Open CASCADE Technology compound shapes.
- Colors, Names and Assembly Structure when using the XDE conversion module.
BRep mapping can be used alone, whereas attribute mapping requires BRep mapping and adds colors, names and assembly structure.
- Reading/writing geometrical and topological information
The DXF interface is able to read DXF files of all known versions (R10 and earlier, R12, R13, 2000, 2002). The interface is also able to read DXF entities embedding ACIS bodies (BODY, 3DSOLID and REGION). Users can choose to convert Open CASCADE Technology shells and solids either as polyface meshes (pure DXF) or as ACIS bodies embedded in DXF entities.
The Shape Healing component and the Open CASCADE Technology modeling algorithms ensure translation quality by computing the geometrical representation of complex ACIS SAT entities when they are embedded in DXF entities.
The DXF interface is able to write DXF files in any supported format.
Translation can call Shape Healing under the control of a resource file, if it is present. This allows the user to adapt the written configuration of the shape to the needs of the DXF-enabled application on the receiving end.
- Reading/writing attributes from DXF to XDE
Translation function fills an XDE data structure with conversion results after loading and conversion to Open CASCADE Technology shapes. Processed data types are Colors and Names and Assembly Structure present in the DXF file. They can then be used through the XDE API like any other external attribute (read from IGES, STEP).
When converting to DXF, attributes attached to Open CASCADE Technology shapes in an XDE data structure are translated to their DXF equivalents. Data types considered are Colors, Names and Assemblies described in the XDE data structure.
Operational mode and possible limitations are described in delivery documents accompanying the module.
- This interface provides direct exchange of data with systems that support DXF format (AutoCAD, MegaCAD, Microstation, etc.) for Open CASCADE Technology-based applications and can considerably extend the scope and increase the quality and speed of translation.
- It also provides a high level of exchange quality through the use of Shape Healing, which corrects models during translation into Open CASCADE Technology representation, and benefits from Open CASCADE Technology framework for data exchange.
- The interface requires no third-party license.
- Source code can be licensed.
The DXF Import - Export module is based on certified version of Open CASCADE Technology. This module is stand-alone and requires no other external software.
It is available on all platforms supported by Open CASCADE Technology.
It is packaged as a separate module, in two parts: one for BRep conversion and one for XDE. The BRep part can be used independently of XDE. The XDE part requires the BRep conversion part.
If you wish to evaluate or get more information about this component, please contact us for a free demo application. Please, feel free to ask any questions you may have concerning this component.